Thread: Red Blade with Purple FOC

Default Red Blade with Purple FOC

Hi All, totally new to saber building but very excited about my first build. I was originally going to get a r/r/w Tri Cree star to wire up to a NB4, but then I saw the option for creating a custom star. So my question would be, if I make a custom star with R/R/Rb, would the FOC mix for purple? I would be wiring the Red dice in parallel and the RB die to the FOC. It seems like it would and I could even tweak it a bit if needed in the settings to get the correct shade. Is my understanding correct? Thanks everyone!

Your understanding is correct. The exact shade you want would need to be tweaked using either resistors (the hard way) or through RICE which is available to you depending on what board you use for sound.

Thanks Minorhero! I'm using a Nano Biscotte V4 so it seems like i can just go in and adjust the values on L1 and L2 to get the correct shade on the FOC.

Not only can you make your FOC purple on a red blade, but you can config one of your fonts to have a purple blade and FOC red!

Here lately, I'm partial to Green FOC on Red blades, and that makes for a good alternate blade color of Gold with Red FOC. You can do all kinds of neat stuff with the stock NBIV and mixing the 2 colors.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."