Thread: Searching for a Better Battery Pack Option

Default Searching for a Better Battery Pack Option

Hey guys. First off, I thought I'd give a brief introduction: the name's Daynne. I've been observing the forum as a guest for quite a long time now, but I thought that it's about time to sign up and get more involved. Though I've been watching videos and reading online about different "custom" companies, learning about how to build hilts and what goes into that, and so on for a few years now; I'm generally pretty new to the Custom Saber Scene. With that all said, it's nice to meet you all.
    I currently own 1 saber; and am waiting for the arrival of my second. Hopefully I can start building my first custom saber soon; and I'll look forward to sharing the end result. Unfortunately; that's not why I'm posting today...

A couple years ago I decided to test the waters, and got my first lightsaber: an UltraSabers Sentinel LE with lite sound. Obviously nothing too fancy; but as my first and only saber up until now; it's my pride and joy. I love it to death.

The 4xAAA battery pack recently broke from the tension the springs cause. It's a shame because I haven't even used the saber much. Never even dueled with it; the most impact it has ever taken was from a drop on to gravel about 2 weeks after I got it. Now it's well out of warranty, if that says anything.
    To make matters worse; while (in my experience) the company's pre-purchase customer service was great; the post-warranty service has been ABYSMAL. Although the person I've been emailing back and forth with is indeed a real person; they've neglected to even so much as acknowledge most of my questions. Be those questions about repairs, or just general advice. What I've gotten has mostly been copy-paste: "you send it to us, we tell you everything that's wrong with it, we send you a bill, you pay, we fix it." When I know full well exactly what's wrong.
    The best (and only) answer that I got on the UltraSabers forum was essentially, "Unfortunately the battery packs UltraSabers use are common." Not much help.

I'm not looking to upgrade ANYTHING except the battery pack. Not the speaker or soundboard... anything. I'm not even worried about using AAAs still. I just want a battery pack that isn't going to break itself.

Basically, I'm looking for the cheapest option to fix it, without running the risk of this happening again. Even just a decent idea of how to reinforce the battery pack would be appreciated. What would you all suggest?

Welcome to the Forum.

If you are looking to fix it yourself, the store does sell 4AAA battery holders. As for the wiring involved, if you can do it yourself, great. If not, you may have to have US deal with their crap. They aren’t generally discussed in these parts, and their internals DEFINITELY aren’t discussed much around here, since none of their stuff is sold here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4A...ctor-P724.aspx is an easily installed battery holder that fits inside most saber hilts. Some wire cutters, a soldering iron, and a little heat shrink should fix this right up.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!