Thread: Plectar Labs Color Order on NB/Pico Crumble

Default Plectar Labs Color Order on NB/Pico Crumble

So I'm working on my wiring diagram.. in both NB manual and Pico Crumble they run RGB tri-rebel as "GRB"

Taken from the manual:

"The example below shows the wiring of a Tri-Rebel LED wired as GRB on L1 L2 L3"

Is there a reason for this? Current build is Cyan/Cyan/White but in future I want my wiring to match the Pico Crumble color tables given in manual and it seems like that is RGB order.

Devil

I am not sure it matters for the Pico crumble. All possible led configurations are activated through the service menu after the board is wired. They assigned letters to that in the manual but the boards is powered the same regardless if you wire a green led or a red or blue etc into any particular spot.

Youve only got two colors... why are you worried about color wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Youve only got two colors... why are you worried about color wiring?
    Lol..If something doesn't make sense to me I like to understand why. Also, I'm planning on two of these and the second will be RGB. Lets imagine, I want the blade to be Crimson (profile #14 R=1023 G=0 B=50). If the RGB leds aren't wired to where the board thinks they are Its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by deviltronix View Post
    Lol..If something doesn't make sense to me I like to understand why. Also, I'm planning on two of these and the second will be RGB. Lets imagine, I want the blade to be Crimson (profile #14 R=1023 G=0 B=50). If the RGB leds aren't wired to where the board thinks they are Its not going to happen.
    Well yea, but for THIS example, you only have one color and white. I guess i was under the impression the PC did normal white FoC like the NBv4, but from what im reading in the manual, it looks like you need to configure that? If thats the case, sorry for my confusion, but it also makes me rethink one of my current builds that is g/g/w. I dont want to do RICE just to set it up when its going to a 12yo kid, needs simplicity and to be robust.

I've seen reports of LEDs out of China being GRB instead of RGB. Plecter Labs is from France, maybe the LEDs Erv grew up with differed in the default order? (just guessing)

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Well yea, but for THIS example, you only have one color and white. I guess i was under the impression the PC did normal white FoC like the NBv4, but from what im reading in the manual, it looks like you need to configure that? If thats the case, sorry for my confusion, but it also makes me rethink one of my current builds that is g/g/w. I dont want to do RICE just to set it up when its going to a 12yo kid, needs simplicity and to be robust.
    In example you provide (GGW), From what I read in manual, you could set it (through long hold of button) to profile 3...That would be 100% on first two leds and then the white would be FOC. One you set it to a profile it stays there untill you change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by deviltronix View Post
    In example you provide (GGW), From what I read in manual, you could set it (through long hold of button) to profile 3...That would be 100% on first two leds and then the white would be FOC. One you set it to a profile it stays there untill you change it again.
    Ok, ill look at it again with fresh eyes.