Thread: First time so I apologize if I've screwed up.

Default First time so I apologize if I've screwed up.

Hello all,
    So, I've decided to take the plunge into doing my own build. I'm converting an US Dominix stunt saber to one with sound and a new LED unit to take advantage of the Clash on flash feature. I've spent countless hours on these forums reading, reading and reading some more. With copious breaks of course to watch some amazing Youtube videos.
    Here is my wiring diagram. I think I've done it right, but please point out anything that seems wrong or if I could do this better.

Preliminary Wiring.pdf

Other than making sure my wiring is correct, I have a couple other questions.

Will the LED holder module work in the Dominx hilt or is it too big?

I noticed in the description of the V6 chassis that it says it's not compatible with the pre-wired NB4? I was hoping to use the prewired version and cut off the JST connectors. I feel pretty confident about soldering wire to wire, but wire to sound board makes me a little nervous.

Thanks everyone and MTFBWY!

Didn't notice anything wrong with the diagram. As far as the holder, you'll have to compare the diameter of the holder to the inner diameter of your US saber. All you can with the V6 and prewired Nano is try to trim the V6 enough to make it fit. Or look at Chassis disks. I used those on my first with was a Nano 3 prewired. Basically trim the disk on the connector as a cradle vs a slot

Thanks Warlock! I'll definitely check out the chassis system. My current hilt has an ID of 1 and 5/16" (1.31") and the V6 is designed to work with 1.25" hilts so I should be good there.

Okay, so I've had a slight change of heart and decided that my first build should be Sith inspired. The only real change to this is the star and the resistors, plus the direction that I believe the dyna Ohm should go. I've also got a shopping list going, should I post that here or would that be a different thread?

Preliminary Wiring Red - SM.pdf

Once again, thank you in advance for pointing out any errors.

It looks good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

And Done! From stunt saber to a full sound saber!
    Thanks to everyone who took time to answer my questions. I can't tell you how happy I am with the way this conversion turned out.

https://imgur.com/a/ugikos2