Thread: Is it possible to have two separate RGB LEDs on a Prizm 5.1?

Default Is it possible to have two separate RGB LEDs on a Prizm 5.1?

For my next saber build I'm using a Prizm 5.1 for the first time, and am hoping to include a crystal chamber reveal lit by an RGB LED.

The Prizm's manual includes a section on wiring up an RGB accent LED directly to the main LED drivers that run the blade's RGB LEDs, but I was wondering if it would be possible to instead wire a (common negative) RGB LED to the accent LED pads in order to have the option of controlling the crystal chamber's color separately from the blade's.

The section on the accent LED pads doesn't say anything about RGB, but I'm wondering if I just wire the three anodes to three of the pads if I will be able to use the Prizm's accent LED sequencer to control the three channels as if they were three separate LEDs. I'm assuming that doing so would limit me to just turning each channel on or off, to get r/g/b/, c/m/y, and white, but I think that would be enough for what I want to do.

You could do it that way, but generally speaking, people want the crystal to match the blade color.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    people want the crystal to match the blade color.
    I was thinking I could have it flash a range of colors on boot-up (and maybe also on clash) and then "stabilize" into one color when I activate the blade.

I'm going for a heavily damaged, unstable look, so the more weirdness I can get going on in the crystal chamber the better!