Thread: Occasionally won't turn off.

Default Occasionally won't turn off.

Hi everyone.
    I just finished my FIRST saber!
    But now it occasionally will turn on but not back off. I use a kill key to power it down and leave it off for 5 minutes after which it works fine again.

I have a Pico Crumble v2:Light card, 3.7v 18650 Li Ion battery, Tri Cree R/G/B LED, 16mm Illuminated AV Momentary switch (Red Cog), Recharge Port and 2w 28mm Bass speaker as my main components.

I have the Recharge Port in the pommel using the Brass insert it fits on. I used a .75 in Extension to provide the room for it to fit without cramming it. Everything else is standard.

I took it back apart but couldn't find any loose wires or bad soldering. Doesn't mean that there couldn't be. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Pics of your wiring may help.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Yes it would!
    Apology to one and all, I found the culprit. A single strand of the speaker wire bridged across to the other.

Thank you for your response and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Paedryn View Post
    Yes it would!
    Apology to one and all, I found the culprit. A single strand of the speaker wire bridged across to the other.

Thank you for your response and help.
    Better fix your solder joints then. It helps if you twist the wires after stripping the insulation off and tin them before you solder them to the board, then you wont have stray wires.