Thread: Two more Claw hilts

Default Two more Claw hilts

Hey peeps,

Just showing off some more WIPS

the first is Desert Witch,
    Its pretty much done, just needs MHS blade holder #26 and some weathering

The second is Obsidian,
    All it needs is a few retention screws on the shroud and to paint the claw itself, Im leaning on going with a pale white for it, but I'm also considering a reflective black

Nearly done with the stone claw, just needs clear coat and a bit of touch up

nice finishing on the prints. I've got a bunch of printed stuff I'm working on and I know it isn't easy!

Just Finished these two, Watcha think peeps?

Very nice! Did you acid etch or electro etch ? Curious as to what you used as a resist. PnP blue? nail polish? sharpie? vinyl?

I used vinyl stickers and electro etching, pretty simple process

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing electro etching on my very first saber (faux circuitry patterns, greeblie looking things, etc.) and I've researched the process. You're right that it looks pretty simple. Did you find a local service/business to print the vinyl stickers for you or do you have your own Cricut or Silhouette machine? Also, did you do submersion electro etching or the Q-Tip method? How long were the parts submerged or how long did you press the Q-tip to achieve the depth of etch that you did? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    Did you find a local service/business to print the vinyl stickers for you or do you have your own Cricut or Silhouette machine? Also, did you do submersion electro etching or the Q-Tip method? How long were the parts submerged or how long did you press the Q-tip to achieve the depth of etch that you did? Thanks!
    A friend of mine is a teacher and her school has a cutter, so I asker her to make the stickers for me.
    I used submersion, its a much more even etch than with a Qtip, with a vinegar/saltwater solution and an old car battery. I only left it in for 10(ish) minutes or so