Thread: First build, wiring for a Nano Biscotte 4, please let me know if anything looks wrong

Default First build, wiring for a Nano Biscotte 4, please let me know if anything looks wrong

So I have decided to build my own saber and after watching many YouTube videos, most of the TCSS, and reading on these forums and other sources including the NB4 manual. I think I have the wiring figured out and have drawn up a diagram and if anybidy sees anything wrong please let me know. Like I said I am using a Nano Biscotte 4, I am using a Tri Cree LED but just for Flash On Clash not as a RGB LED. So it is a Red, Red, White LED.

Thanks everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wiring diagram looks ok. Which resistor are you using on the white positive feed? That white LED may be ok without a resistor if you need to save on some room in your hilt. You do need 2 (one for each red). I wire my LED's different than you have; however, its 6 o one 1/2 dozen the other. There are many ways to skin a cat, and the way you have drawn up here will work.

Build that saber! Welcome to the Lunatic Asylum!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you for the reply, good to hear my diagram will work. I am using a 1ohm resistor for the white. That is what I came up with using the Law of ohm and also a resistor calculator online.

If you don't mind me asking, in what way do you wire your LEDs different?

It will take me a month or so probably to finish it. Still waiting on some saber parts and have now decide to do some acid etching so need to order and practice that stuff. I'm sure I am trying to much on my first build, but hey you only live once right? If it comes out like it is in my head I will love it, but from some builds I have sen around here it will just be ok ha.

I common all the positives on the star and only run one positive lead out of star. I then resistor my negative legs. Resistors work, no matter where in the electron stream you place them. My way works, but so does what you came up with. You can probably back that resistor on the white down to .5ohm (.47 I think at TCSS). The NBIV is a sold board that works well, and its dependable. Its also fairly easy to wire, except for the DS pad. That pad can be challenging if you need to pull power from it. Good luck!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

That makes sense (the wiring). I have seen the resistors run both ways and wasn't sure if there was an advance of one over the other and I can see how your way would more neat. I got the NB 4 because it does everything I want it to do for this project and wasn't overwhelming to me, plus budget (which got out of hand anyway).

Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I common all the positives on the star and only run one positive lead out of star. I then resistor my negative legs. Resistors work, no matter where in the electron stream you place them. My way works, but so does what you came up with. You can probably back that resistor on the white down to .5ohm (.47 I think at TCSS). The NBIV is a sold board that works well, and its dependable. Its also fairly easy to wire, except for the DS pad. That pad can be challenging if you need to pull power from it. Good luck!

Tom
    would you mind posting a picture or a diagram? I would love to see how this technique is done, working on getting my first saber built
    Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally