Thread: LED STRIP goes from Rainbow to white - HELP

Post LED STRIP goes from Rainbow to white - HELP

Hey all,

So I've been testing my new strings with my TCSS adapters and this is what happens:

- On ignition, the strings will light randomly some different colors along the blade (Rainbow effect)
    - Then if I use FoC or Blaster shot, the full string will ignite in pure white even simulating the regular pulse effects and will stay like that.
    - The blade wont create the stretching effect on ignition or when turning off.
    - I've been trying with multiple fonts and it always does the same thing.

Tech info:
    - Adafruit 144 leds.
    - Panasonic Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 3400mAh FULLY CHARGED

Any tips?

Thanks for the help

Hi! I am currently having the same issue and have not found a solution. Have you by any chance figured out what the problem was? Thank you!

This sounds like a data line issue. Is the TCSS data line pads bridged as seen in the video by Rob? Also if using a Prizm did you bridge the ls pads on the board? Also, is ledstrip set to # of leds?

Also, using at least 10a battery?

Yea I did all of that. The scrolling and everything still worked but the blade only went up halfway and it was a rainbow white colored blade. Then it dawned on me, so I checked my adafruit packaging and what do you know. Acidentally bought RGBW neopixels... Boy do I feel dumb, luckily its just a blade issue so I'll just have to buy new strips and replace. Kinda sucks though because I wasted about $100 on them... Anyways thanks guys for the help!

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

i just found i've done the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

bought em on amazon while tcss was sold out.

any way to make them work???

You could use an open source board programmed for rgbw. My first saber used a nano biscotte with an Arduino to handle a pixel.

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

like this?
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Kyl...W-Party-Modes/

any more resources you would recommend?

i ordered the right LEDs to finish my project...

but here i am with some spare parts xD
    Last edited by sprockwell1207; 02-21-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Yeah a ProffieBoard or a PropBoard and some programming skills and you'll be able to use them.

Proffie does not support RGBW. There is a working port for RGBW on FX-SaberOS, but it isn't published since it requires using boards that aren't currently available.

If you look at my Pathfinder build you may get some hints on how to setup something like an Nano Biscotte with a partner board.

What you do will depend on your level of programming experience. TCSS isn't really the place to discuss these sorts of things though.