Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neopixel with NB V4 and USB Charger Port

Default Neopixel with NB V4 and USB Charger Port

is this ok?
    tron disc 2.jpg

Switch goes on the neg line. Both USB neg and battery neg on the same leg, then other leg goes to the board.

That battery solution won’t work either.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    That battery solution won’t work either.
    Why not? He explained in the other thread its actually a 7.4v pack, not a real 9V.

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Why not? He explained in the other thread its actually a 7.4v pack, not a real 9V.
    I’ve been saying that the li-Ion 9v Rechargeable Battery probably cannot discharge enough amps at once to power the led strip. No documentation found to prove or disprove that for the brand battery he wants to use (even the company website does not have a spec sheet available).

Switch goes on the neg line. Both USB neg and battery neg on the same leg, then other leg goes to the board.
    If he uses a SPST Switch, he can leave it where it is.

Even if that battery can provide sufficient amperage, you need a much higher capacity to have any runtime.

The 10A TCSS 18650 is what you want for a strip blade saber.

what about this battery without the 5 volt sd mod? probably overkill.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-3-7V-...9l9FyKu7XQuzFg

and as i keep telling everyone im not using more than around 50-80 leds. and its only one strip. its not a lightsaber its a tron disc like what erv did

Quote Originally Posted by Shriker1 View Post
    and as i keep telling everyone im not using more than around 50-80 leds. and its only one strip. its not a lightsaber its a tron disc like what erv did
    If it’s just one strip, why not use a battery that would be more suited to it, such as an 18650? Also the NB can’t handle more than 5.5V anyway, so instead of getting a suitable battery, you’re using (what is essentially) an unsuitable battery, and a step down module that you wouldn’t otherwise need. Also, those cheap eBay batteries your posting probably have nowhere near the run time they are advertising. You could find the battery you need right in the store.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com