Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Focusing Lens Question

Default Focusing Lens Question

I'm looking for a smaller focusing lens to use in my custom saber. It wasn't machined with the proper space in the blade holder/emitter for the regular 5/10 deg. optics. I'm looking to find one that will fit inside a 3/4" thin-walled blade. I thought about the lenses in the Tri-lux set-up, but can't seem to find any online. Any suggestions?

p.s. I'm trying to convert the fiber-optic blade I have over to Corbin's blade film, and I know it won't light it up without some form of optics.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ryma Mara

http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?i...T3-HMB1-LB01-H

But whats really strange is that different colors for the same lense will be diferent degrees.

That's interesting, but not quite what I'm looking for. Acerocket has been kind enough to offer to send me a lens that he uses in the tri-lux, so we'll see if that will work for me. My other option is to take a 5 deg. optic and sand it down to fit into the blade, but i'm not sure what that would do to the dispersal pattern of the lens.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ryma Mara

Yeah, well good luck

Don't need luck if you got skills! I did try my hand at grinding down a 10 deg. optic to fit inside a 3/4 inch blade, 'cause I was going to my first Trooping event with the Midwest Base of the Rebel Legion and the 501st. Michigan Squad of the Midwest Garrison at the Grand Rapids Griffins game on Saturday night. (We raised $1126 for the griffins' Children's Foundation in the photo booth!) Once I got it to the right size, I hot glued it in place, after I installed a double wrap of Corbin's blade film. It works, but I'll bet the small optic from the Tri-Lux will be better.

You can barely see the optic in there....

These next pics were taken the day after the event, and the batteries were a bit run down. I'm also running the K2 off the MR board, so it's not at it's full potential anyway.

The blade is 33" long from the emitter face to the tip. It's so light, you almost don't feel the weight.

Ryma Mara

Kool. think you can snap a pic in the dark?

I'll give it a shot tonight and get one up tomorrow. I think I better replace the batteries, too. It looks like I might have the lens slightly misaligned, too, but I had a difficult time getting it in there and really don't want to try it again. As it is, it still lit up my bedroom last night in the dark!

Ryma Mara

Well the k2 on a mr board will still whip the lux3 on an mr board anyway.

Looks good so far. does look a bit tad missalined but i could be a camera trick

It might also be the end of the film is cut at an angle too. That might be why it looks mis-aligned to me. I'd really like to wire up the K2 with a relay, but I don't think there's room in the hilt for the relay. Lots of wires and batteries in there ...

Ryma Mara

Hay Jay I got a question.

How heavy does the "fiber optic" make the blade?

How would it look with the "fiber optic" in a 1" blade with a diffuser and optics?