Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NB V4 Led strip and sound wiring check

ok here is an updated version of the schematic.
    tron disc.jpg
    do you approve?

Quote Originally Posted by Shriker1 View Post
    ok here is an updated version of the schematic.
    tron disc.jpg
    do you approve?
    The idea of a switch is to cut the board off from the circuit of the battery and USB port.
    The USB port will not be part of a complete circuit until you plug something in, so haveing a switch in that circut doesn’t accomplish anything.

You want to place the switch on either line from the battery to the step down module, and open the switch before plugging in your power source into the USB port.

so like this?tron disc 2.jpg
    I just realized you are showing a SPDT Switch, not a SPST Switch.

If you use a SPST Switch (open or closed are the only options) it can stay in that position.
    If you want to wire in a SPDT Switch (basically think of a railroad switch, where one line breaks into two, you can direct the train to either based on the Switch position) there are multiple ways to do it.
    One way would be to leave it where you have it in the diagram, and only wire the common post, and one out post, basically making it function like a SPST Switch (in the railroad example, one of the two lines is a dead end)
    Another way to wire it would require you to rearrange the diagram, and it would be easier to draw that than try to explain with words.
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 02-14-2018 at 02:26 AM.

so like this?
    i removed the sd mod and replaced it with a ten amp battery cell.
    tron disc 3.jpg

so like this?
    i removed the sd mod and replaced it with a ten amp battery cell.
    tron disc 3.jpg
    Yes, that looks better. The SPST switch will act as your “kill key”, correct? If so, your diagram looks fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

ordered the new battery and switch

470 ohm 1/4 watt? or 5 watt?