Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NB V4 Led strip and sound wiring check

Default NB V4 Led strip and sound wiring check

Soundboard wiring diagram.jpg

is this ok? also suggestion for two wire recharge ports?

A 9v battery will NOT have the discharge capability to power a “neopixel” strip.

This battery, or one with similar specs is recommended.

i cant see the picture or link. and the voltage regulater is rated at 3 amps

The link is the word “battery” and it hyperlinks to the store’s product page for the ”Panasonic Li Ion 18650 3.7V 10A discharge 3200mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery” which is here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pa...ery-P1282.aspx

You don’t have to use that specific battery, but you need one with similar (height amp discharge) specifications (specs).

Most people use 2 led “neopixel” strips (back to back), and the amp draw of one, 1 meter strip, with all 3 colors on (white) is around 8.6 amps at 5 volts (though most people use a 3.7 v Li-Ion battery, and the amp draw is a little less)

There is no way an alkaline 9v can discharge that much, regardless of the voltage regulator (which at a 3 amp, rating would be insufficient).

Besides, even IF a 9v battery could handle the output (which it can’t), at a typical 550 mAh capacity, one color “on” would get you less than 11 minutes of run time (the Soundcard draw).
    Last edited by bigkevin61; 02-10-2018 at 08:16 PM.

my rerasoning for this battery is when it goes through the regulator (not the simple 3 prong electrical component. its much more technical) it will be 5 volts which the board can handle and i like the extra oomph it gives. in fact its not really a voltage regulator, its more of a Step down module
    Last edited by Shriker1; 02-10-2018 at 08:13 PM.

the 9 volt battery also isn't alkaline. its a rechargeable lithium ion and im only using one strip and about 95 leds
    Last edited by Shriker1; 02-10-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Any battery has 3 characteristics, though the 1st 2 are usually quoted.
    1) Voltage which = “push” or “pressure” of current it produces.
    2) mAh or milliamp hour capacity = “capacity” or “reservoir”, essentially how much / how long it can provide power before being “used up”.
    3) max discharge (in amps) = “width of the pipe” or “how much current” the battery can discharge at once.

The typical 9v battery doesn’t have a large enough max discharge to power a neopixel led strip.
    Even the typical Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh Battery sold in the store dos not have a high enough max amp discharge to power those strips.

a Typical 9 volt battery has average of 330 mAh, my battery has almost double the amps at 600mAh and with the step down module it will take the unused voltage and convert it to amps making 3000mAh

I am building a LED strip (neopixel) saber next. But my understanding is that 2 strips are needed back to back in order to not have half your saber dark. Again I haven't done it, but unless you are wall mounting your saber with no plans of using it, you may wish to run 2 strips.

thats the thing, im not using it for a saber. im using it for a tron disc, but i thought this the best place to ask
    Last edited by Shriker1; 02-10-2018 at 08:47 PM.