Thread: PicoCrumble v2 Question

Question PicoCrumble v2 Question

Can this be used with anything other than the Cree RGBW? For instance, can it be used with a tri-cree? Also, do I need to have a RICE port with this one?
    Purchasing parts in advance of my first custom build and I don't want to kriff things up. Thanks in advance.

PS I have been reading everything I could find including the guide for N00Bs. Thank you for that, by the way! Still not totally clear on RICE ports. I don't anticipate messing about changing color, or sound fonts. I just want a nice bright bluish cyan, and lightmeat is all I want anyway.
    Last edited by shinseiko; 02-10-2018 at 09:03 AM. Reason: No kohi yet. Belatedly remembered something.

Blog Entries

The guide for NOOBs is good, but there's nothing better than the manual for the Pico Crumble. The Pico is perfect for installs that don't require a lot of color mixing. You don't need RICE to use the Pico, but there is a way to tinker with controls using RICE, if you want (see manual). It will work great with a tri-cree. I installed a Pico with a RGB tri-cree. It can also be used with different color combinations. The main reason I like the Pico is that it doesn't require an AUX switch--only an activation switch. That's great in builds with no room for a second switch.

Good luck.

And you cant change fonts on a PC.

Oh, Koovy! Thanks hapki! So, now it's ordered!

That detail about only needing one switch is one of the main things which caught my eye about the Pico Crumble. With the build I have planned, yeah, there really is no room for a second switch.

In a few weeks I'll start posting a build log for my saber project, "Serene Resolve", and will no doubt, have more questions for those with more experience than I.

It's disappointing that I'm going to have to build twin sabers one at a time, but still, I'm happy I can do it at all!

@ PC Modulus: LOL! As above, not planning any font changing anyhow. Not really my style. I just want simple, basic functionality.

I just built a saber with a pico crumble and a tri cree blue blue white setup with the white as flash on clash. Worked great. I also have a lit AV switch and an additional accent light all driven by the pico.

Quote Originally Posted by shinseiko View Post
    @ PC Modulus: LOL! As above, not planning any font changing anyhow. Not really my style. I just want simple, basic functionality.
    Yea, just adding to what he had said

Thanks minorhero, et alia! Much appreciated.