Thread: Curved-hilted saber ideas?

Default Curved-hilted saber ideas?

So, I kind of want to assemble a form II saber, and the only hangup I can see is the most obvious problem: how to generate a graceful (and not overly extreme - I've seen some, like, 60-degree angles done, and that is not for me) curve. I thought, perhaps, that the 1" sink pipe connectors might be the key to solving the problem, but a cursory search of the piping available out there produces results for a lot of u-traps, which are totally unsuitable. Can anyone who has wrestled with this matter before recommend a nice, gently-curved piece of 1" pipe? Thanks.

I don't remember the exact wording, but for 1" I believe a Google search of "vacuum wand" may get you something nice.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Yeah, people used to use the "Rainbow Vacuum Wands" back a few years ago to make curved hilts out of.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You can get a pipe bender similar to this...

you can get one at harbor freight tools for between $80 and $300 depending on the model you want and all will produce anything from a gentle curve to a 360 degree circle
    Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally