Thread: Black series Luxeon Tri-Rebel mistake

Question Black series Luxeon Tri-Rebel mistake

Hi guys, I am not pretty sure where to post this but I need some help.

I bought Vader's and Anakin conversion kits but I got confused and bought the Luxeon Tri-Rebel LED with lens and mount.

Will this work with the original speaker/battery? And will this be brighter than the single led? Can I wire the white led for FoC?

Also I was not aware I needed resistors, so if anyone could give me some pointers I will greatly appreciate the help.

You can wire all 3 at once, but not FoC and while itll work, itll kill the batteries faster than a single one would. You can play around with resistors (to reduce a die) to mix the greens and white though.

Are you planning on using the stock board?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Are you planning on using the stock board?
    Yes, I am, I want a simple conversion to start learning and as a gift for my son and daughter, so nothing too fancy.

The RGB Tri-Rebel can still be used with the stock battery pack, but you'll want to use a resistor on the red regardless of whether or not you use either of the other colors. Both of those might look good with a custom mix of two of the leds.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    The RGB Tri-Rebel can still be used with the stock battery pack, but you'll want to use a resistor on the red regardless of whether or not you use either of the other colors. Both of those might look good with a custom mix of two of the leds.
    Its a Red/Red/White, is it recommended to link all 3 leds? or is better just the 2 Reds? And last but not least, which resistor should I buy? like in a local Radioshack or something.