Thread: Bizarre problem with sound card

Default Bizarre problem with sound card

Hello,

A few weeks ago my lightsaber shut off on its own while I was using it. For reference this is a crystal focus 8 sound card. My lightsaber would not turn on after that. At first when I plugged in the charger it made a high pitched noise and I immediately unplugged the charger. I decided I might have a short somewhere and took it apart. When taken apart and plugged into a charger it made several tones and then cut out. Reading the troubleshooting part of the manual this can be caused by files missing. I plugged the SD card into my computer and windows immediately "fixed" the sd card.

After that when I plugged the card back into my saber and attached a charger (still would not turn on by itself) it started to make terrible static noises. The AV switch and accent Led lit up like they were supposed to but that was all. This is where I am at now. What could be causing the terrible static noise and why won't my saber turn on when not plugged into a charger? Any help would be very appreciated.

Test your battery pack with a volt meter. 90% of the time, these finicky batteries and/or cheap chargers are the culprit. 1: Check your battery voltage. 2: My guess is you'll be replacing a battery and/or charger.

There is probably nothing wrong with your board, unless you had a bad short somewhere.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Test your battery pack with a volt meter. 90% of the time, these finicky batteries and/or cheap chargers are the culprit. 1: Check your battery voltage. 2: My guess is you'll be replacing a battery and/or charger.

There is probably nothing wrong with your board, unless you had a bad short somewhere.

Tom

Thanky Tom, you are definitely right about the battery. I swapped out my battery pack for another that I luckily had lying around. Instantly I was able to turn on my saber normally. Thats the good news. The weirdness persists though because when I plug my saber into the charger not only does it not turn off like it should, but rather I hear the boot-up sound. Also my charger light stays green instead of turning red.... what gives?
    Last edited by minorhero; 02-09-2018 at 05:01 PM.

recharge port hooked up wrong, wires on wrong terminals or a bridge/short. That is probably what fried your first battery.

Tom

recharge port hooked up wrong, wires on wrong terminals or a bridge/short. That is probably what fried your first battery.

Tom
    Well, since its supplying power directly to the board, i doubt it killed the battery, rather just not charging it. Thats what the green light tells me.

could be. Something is amok in there.

could be. Something is amok in there.
    Running even.