Thread: Drilling Switch Hole in 2 Inch F/F Extension ?

Default Drilling Switch Hole in 2 Inch F/F Extension ?

I've been planning out my build and just realized I have a switch placement issue. My build has been inspired by the "Scraptech" saber ( http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...craptech-Build ), and I'm now realizing why TCSS custom designed his MHS Blade Holder 20 to accomodate the switches in it, because you can't rotate the main body off to reveal the chassis if the switch is in place. I don't have the skill to do switches up that high in the hilt.

My solution is to use a combination of a doubled ended male connector style 1 and the 2 inch double female, and then use a 5 inch extension to form the rest of the grip along with a pommel.

I've tried looking for information about switch hole drilling and placement, and how far away to keep from threads and the best I could find was that TCSS will place them within 1.5 inches of the threads.

Question: Is it physically possible to put a 12 mm recessed AV switch hole in the 2 inch extension and achieve a good result? Any reason not to do so? If not, what about the 3 inch extension? I do have a drill press at home, but if possible, I might ask that TCSS drill it to ensure a sturdy result.

In the MHS builder, it looks like the 16mm AV switch would fit in between the threads of the 2 inch double female extender.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

-sfxer

Yes it'll fit. I have a saber with a 12mm switch in a 2" double female

Thanks, Greenie. I figured it would, but I didn’t know if there would be complications.