Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neopixel LED String help!!!

And of course what kind of battery are you using?

Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module

I charged the battery too and it still does not work.

Alright well either your battery isn't cutting it (you've gone past the rattling speaker stage) or you just need the capacitor that's mentioned in the manual.

To elaborate making sure your battery can push the whole 10 amps (minimum) is important. Tcss sells a 10 amp protected 3200 mah that's worked for me so far. Although my strips are somewhat shorter than average as my saber is for my young son. From what I've read anything lower than 3200 could be pushing it. The capacitor would be used to help if your battery is right just not quite cutting it.

Page 33 of your nb4 manual basically says everything I have so far.

Definelty need a 10a battery first.
    From experience though, whenever I get those rainbow colors the leds are borked.

Also , what strips are you using?

I used these. WIXURE WS2812B LED Strip Light Individually Addressable Programmable WS2811 Built-in 5050 RGB DC5V Dream Color LED Rope Light(3.2ft/1m 144leds/m White PCB Waterproof IP65)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsweats View Post
    Definelty need a 10a battery first.
    From experience though, whenever I get those rainbow colors the leds are borked.

Also , what strips are you using?
    Hmm, I wonder what caused me to get the rainbow colors. It seemed like some sort of test pattern. Only happened once when I was seeing how long my almost dead battery would stay on.

May you please tell me what you did? Because I think it is because I have been using the SK6812.

The LED strips are dumb, they don't have a test pattern that would only come from the board giving them signals. A bad connection can cause an intermittent signal that will create odd results.

SK6812 is compatible as long as it is RGB. RGBW is a different signal and will not work with electronics intended for RGB.