Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Neopixel LED String help!!!

Default Neopixel LED String help!!!

Hello

I am building the neopixel Lightsaber and I am new at this. I know the basics of building one, but I need help. The first time I assembled, it turned out to be. The LED string only lit a few LEDs in different colors and most of the blade was not lighting up. Someone HELP!
    Last edited by Kenobi1467; 02-02-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Sounds like a wiring issue, post a pic of the strip ends?

Post a pic. Make sure you've got the right resistor at the right place 330-470 ohm I believe? Next to the strips.)

Oh and make sure the data line isn't looping up next to or around the power lines

Could you give me your email because this website is not letting me post pictures

Now that color scheme looks familiar. I used prizm for neopixel, but if I remember correctly, I got those colors when my battery was almost completely dead. Is it rebooting on you over and over?

Yes it keeps rebooting and the blade turns on and off. Then, it turns on those colors for a little bit.

Okay so really make sure you're battery is charged first. But also in that second pic it's hard to see your joints. However i just can't remember what caused those colors for me the first time. I'm also a noob at this. Im pretty sure it was the battery but I'm not 100% on that. I'll try to make sure