Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to make CC cover

Quote Originally Posted by Raktus View Post
    Here are some quick rough sketches:

Attachment 16289
    Attachment 16290

Harp implemented one of the ideas here:
    https://youtu.be/-pf-2B-1bDk
    That looks like it would need a hinge and a magnet to hold the door close. Probably not a good idea to use a magnet or hinge for dueling though. I have seen hinges that are small enough to work in a hobby store before. They use them on tiny doll houses.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 01-31-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Ok. So here's what I've come up with.
    It involves two layers wrapped around the hilt from one edge of the activation box to the other edge so it resembles a graflex clamp. The reveal 'door' would slide around the hilt, stopping where it meets the activation box. You could use thin gauge tube around the size of MHSv1 or may be TCSS shroud material and chrome sink tube on top. I knocked up a quick proof of concept with PVC tube.

image.jpg image.jpg < activation box would be here.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Blog Entries

^nice!
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Ok. So here's what I've come up with.
    It involves two layers wrapped around the hilt from one edge of the activation box to the other edge so it resembles a graflex clamp. The reveal 'door' would slide around the hilt, stopping where it meets the activation box. You could use thin gauge tube around the size of MHSv1 or may be TCSS shroud material and chrome sink tube on top. I knocked up a quick proof of concept with PVC tube.

image.jpg image.jpg < activation box would be here.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Oh ya Greenie just did you a mock-up. Or as my wife and step son would say “ he did you a solid” .

Board Lurker

Wooaaahh. I feel honored! Thanks so much!

Sorry for being MIA. Work had a hold of me for a while. Greenie, that is exactly what I was thinking. Well done! I just need to find a way to bore out some of my shroud material just enough so that I can fit the thinner “sliding door” piece under it. Just like you have. There would be this door that wraps partially around the body and is itself wrapped by the outer “clamp”.

No worries Raktus.
    I assume you don't want the 'clamp' to be too thick and bulky. If I were making this, I would use the TCSS sleeve to make the piece on the left of my first pic. The bit that you cut out can be used for the sliding door. The piece on the right of the pic that has the reveal window, I would make from a bit of chrome sink tube, as it is pretty thin and it would have a contrasting patina to the MHS hilt, similar to the look of the Graflex clamp. That would wrap around over the first sleeve piece and hopefully not be too thick overall.
    I reckon it can be done with a hacksaw, a cut off wheel (dremmel) and bit of filing and I hope this can work out for you.

Greenie

Board Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    No worries Raktus.
    I assume you don't want the 'clamp' to be too thick and bulky. If I were making this, I would use the TCSS sleeve to make the piece on the left of my first pic. The bit that you cut out can be used for the sliding door. The piece on the right of the pic that has the reveal window, I would make from a bit of chrome sink tube, as it is pretty thin and it would have a contrasting patina to the MHS hilt, similar to the look of the Graflex clamp. That would wrap around over the first sleeve piece and hopefully not be too thick overall.
    I reckon it can be done with a hacksaw, a cut off wheel (dremmel) and bit of filing and I hope this can work out for you.

Greenie
    Yus! You have no idea how happy this makes me! I have all those things already. I’ll take pictures to show for my build log!

I look forward to seeing it. MTFBWY.