Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rules

Default Rules

I come from a sadly defunct, very large and long living PC modding forum and we had a much more extensive set of rules.

Two of those rules were:
    No linking to competitors sites
    Signature rules (what you can and cannot have in them)

I may be missing these on this board, if so, can someone point me to them. If not, can i assume they do not exist? For instance, is it ok to "advertise" your website in your sig, or proclaim what you do if its similar or completely different to TCSS? One of my services is saber building, in addition to custom PC's, business card design and whatever else i can do. I would like to play nice and not break any rules, but also would like exposure like anyone else in my shoes.

Thanks
    A.J.

It isn’t ok to do either of the things you have mentioned. This forum IS attached to a store.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rs-please-read
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I read that, doesnt cover what im asking at all.

DON'T
    - Ask questions before googling and using the search feature!!
    - Give electronics (or any other) advice unless you know for a fact it will work!
    - Sit on your thumbs waiting for someone else to do the hard work for you. Try it yourself. Find your own diagrams. Do your own renderings. Don't be lazy.
    - Try selling on these forums. These are attached to Strydur's business, and it's really rude to try selling on his forums. This includes linking (publicly or via PM to outside competing sources. If you are not sure, ask a Moderator first

It looks pretty clear to me. Besides, you just asked, and I just answered in case it wasn’t clear.

I sent you a PM.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-26-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I dont have a PM, i never said i wanted to sell, and there are NO signature rules in there...

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    I dont have a PM, i never said i wanted to sell, and there are NO signature rules in there...
    I see you have your PM’s turned off.

You can have a signature, as long as it doesn’t link to or advertise a business.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I see you have your PM’s turned off.

You can have a signature, as long as it doesn’t link to or advertise a business.
    I certainly didnt turn them off, we've PM'd before about my activation. I did get the "you dont have permission" when i clicked to send one.

So other than no selling, there are no char, line, pic limits etc?

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    I certainly didnt turn them off, we've PM'd before about my activation. I did get the "you dont have permission" when i clicked to send one.

So other than no selling, there are no char, line, pic limits etc?
    Then you may need to clean out your inbox. It does have limits. The signatures are controlled by preset controls in the Forums. You can post a picture in your signature. I don’t remember the specifics, but I’m sure the system will tell you if you’ve gone too far.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

The outbox ones count as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines