Hey guys, apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else. I've spent the last 2 or 3 hours playing with various Advanced Searches to find the answer and can't find anything specifically answering it.

So I'm brand new to both electronics and saber building. I'm working on pricing out and planning for my first build. I've decided on a Prizm 5.1 and have started reading through the manual. Based on what I've read in the manual and product page for the Prizm on the Plecter Labs website, the recommended battery is a 3.4v single cell battery pack such as a 18650 and specifies a "5.5v MAX" for the card. I had accepted this as law and was planning on just picking up a single cell 3.4v 18650 and calling in a day. However, since then I've seen mentions of other builds where people were mentioning 7.4v batteries with their Prizm sound cards or one in particular mentioned setting up the Bluetooth RICE capability (something I think might be cool if it's not getting in over my head) required a 6.something voltage which would exceed the 3.4v my battery would be putting out...

Not sure if everything has made sense, but are there significant advantages to using a 7.4v battery pack over a 3.7v one? If so, is it possible to use a 7.4v battery with a Prizm 5.1?

Finally, does the fact I'm having to ask these types of questions suggest I shouldn't be making my first build with a $115 sound card regardless of the fact I'm PRETTY sure I can pull it off? Considering the money I'll be putting into my first build it seems silly to save some money by going with a PC and limit what I'm able to do as far as saber functionality with the intent of going back later, spending the same $115 dollars anyway, undoing the work I did to wire in the PC just so I can replace it with my shiny new Prizm. Am I wrong there or is there some logic to that thought process?