Thread: Recharge port in stunt saber???

Default Recharge port in stunt saber???

1st: I understand that these are usually used for cutting off power to a sound board during battery charging.

Anyways... I'm building a stunt saber for a somewhat tech-challenged fan of the (insert obvious name here) movie series.
    (A good portion of the saber will be assembled with parts scavenged from previous builds.)

The battery (TrustFire 14500) is in a 2x AA holder along with a AA dummy cell, which will be retained in the hilt with the help of MHS speaker mount v3

Since ease of use is fairly high on the recipient's short requirement list, I'm wondering if it'd be possible to use a recharge port? I'm not exactly sure how I'd incorporate it into such a simple circuit as this, although wiring it in would be second nature to me if a sound board were part of the equation.

I already have MPS insert 3, and figured I'd run the wires thru the two holes in the back of the speaker mount... but where would the charge port wires interrupt the saber wiring?

Without it, the setup would be fairly simple... battery + to resistor, into LED +, out thru LED neg, to latching switch, finally ending at the battery neg.

I can only guess the S/C (power cutoff) leg wouldn't be used, as there is no sound board needing protection... also, the latching switch already interrupts the circuit.

This person has a bit of arthritis in her hands, so minimizing weight as much as possible by not going the full sound saber route is fairly important, as well as using a short (26") thin-wall blade. I can also imagine opening the pommel and trying to pry the battery from it's holder for external charging would be a bit of a burden, which is why I'm making this post.

Just use a di-pole socket then, no need for the third pole/leg. Or, use a micro USB port and a magnetic charging cable, wires in the same way, just two wires, and the port can be in the pommel.