Thread: Pico question with BBW star

Default Pico question with BBW star

Hello

I am about to start wiring up my saber using a Pico crumble. Wanted to know if I can wire a BBW star with the blue led in series or will that result in a dimmer saber than if I wire them separately. Space is going to be tight so if I can save the resistor and wire I want to do so.

Wiring them in series will require more voltage than a single-cell li-ion provides. Bumping up to a larger power supply will take up more room, and be incompatible with the Pico.

Resistors are small, you should be able to find a place to squeeze one in.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Why a Pico with dual color? Are you color mixing or using white for FoC? If FoC, you wont need a resistor for the blues as they are 4.1v.

White is foc. No color mixing.

Then you can get away with no resistors, the blues dont need it and the FoC isnt on long enough to kill the white. But, it seems a waste to use a Pico when a Biscotte seems more suited for this and you can change fonts.

I already have the pico so its a non issue. I wanted the pico for simplicity. This is going to be a very basic and small saber. I will give it a go with no resistors on the star. I have an 5mm rgb accent and a led on the switch. I only plan to use the blue on the 5mm so I think I don't need any resistors except a dynaohm on the switch led.

Cool, post some pics too

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Cool, post some pics too
    This has already been posted elsewhere but this is the saber I am building. Overall length is about 7 inches.

oVK20Ln.jpg

Bottom side has a little window from a door peephole inset into the hilt. My 5mm accent led will be on the other side of that peephole.

Im pretty "meh" when it comes to sabers (i build/install but dont own), but dude that is badass!!

Thanky! It's been a fun build.