Hey guys, brand new to saber building and planning to build my very first saber. I came to terms with the fact that I'm probably going to have to give up on some of my illusions of grandeur for my first build and make a few sacrifices. For example I'm not going to be able to have a crystal chamber and the hilt might be a little longer than I hopped. I just kinda need to build something solid to prove to myself and my wife its something I'm going to stick with before pouring a TON of money into all the bells and whistles I want. Especially considering I've always been more of a computer guy than an electronics guy and haven't touched a soldering iron in my life.

That being said, I've found my journey into lightsaber building to be very much like when I was building my first computer. There's tons of info out there on how to do it, but pretty much any thorough explanations of how things work end up being SUPER outdated. For example many of the "tutorials" and stuff on this forum are like 10 years old and talking about parts you can't even get anymore. I guess it's because at some point someone poured their heart and soul into a super helpful and thorough tutorial only to have it become outdated in a year or two and stopped bothering with it. Can't blame anyone for that. I suppose I'd get frustrated too.

My question is in regards to the building of a chassis. I want to use the new MHSv2 hilt parts, but the chassis options for them are super limited based on what I see on the site. For the MHSv1 parts there's all sorts of cool chassis parts, inserts, adapters, anodized spacers, and metal disks that lock the chassis into the handle. I guess I'm trying to figure out what, if any of these chassis options work with the MHSv2 parts? I don't see the locking metal disks listed for MHSv2, but if you can't lock the chassis into the hilt, what's the point of building a chassis at all? The product page for the metal disks also say something about most threads being 0.4 now and the disks only being compatible with 0.5 threads or something... How can I possibly know what the threads measure on the parts I want to use, and if they aren't 0.5, what other options do I have for my chassis? I'm finding that as a newcomer, many of the product descriptions for these items assume a level of understanding I simply don't possess and have been unable to find readily available. Like the information provided is probably exactly what someone who knows what they are doing needs to know about the part. However, to a total noob like myself, it only seems to intimidate me into thinking that maybe I'm in over my head...Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.