Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: K2 wiring diagram

So without a relay on any mr board or anything altering of the wiring. Will a K2 on a MR board be brighter than a lux3 on an MR board?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Let's take green... that color's cool. Then assume a linear curve for the lumens. Also the 800mA as an estimate for the amperage getting to it.

80% of 80 lumens = 64 lumens

53% of 130 lumens = 69 lumens

That's not exact but if you were more exact it'd fall even more in the favor of the K2. The output curve is convex. That's why it's not that big of a deal that Erv runs the K2 at 1.3A... not that much of a difference and our eyes can barely tell.

In my experience it runs a little better even wired like normal. The last one I did I followed what that one poster said about shunting to the batteries. It certainly did make it run a lot better and to me it's simpler than the relay.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

if you run a luke board with all the led strip wires attached, and a k2, it almost drives it to full potential, because that board overamps
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default k2 on Mr OBI soundboard

Excuse me,
    I have no idea to "how to" connect a K2 to an MR Obi Soundboard!

Is there any Diagram?

Thanks

It's no different than wiring a conversion. The MR board just won't provide the led with enough amps to power it to it's full potential. To the MR conversion threads you must go.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.