Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: K2 wiring diagram

Default K2 wiring diagram

Are there are any wiring diagrams posted that show how to connect a K2 on a MR Windu ROTS sound board? I had it converted a while ago to a 3w Lux III so I could use the color disks to get a nice purple and have a removeable blade. From what I've read a white K2 puts out 130 lumens over the Lux III's 80. I think a possible upgrade like this would make the purple look a lot brighter. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

As a K2 star has exactly the same electrical connections as a 3w star then its just a case of simply swopping the leds. Be aware however that yuor 3w focussing optic wont fit the K2 without modification. You could as easily buy a K2 optic to go with the led.

I dont think you will see much difference though as the MR board cant supply enough current to drive a K2 led properly on its own. You would need something like the relay method or a puck driver to do it properly.
    Phil Higgins

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Re: K2 wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by simi
    Are there are any wiring diagrams posted that show how to connect a K2 on a MR Windu ROTS sound board? I had it converted a while ago to a 3w Lux III so I could use the color disks to get a nice purple and have a removeable blade. From what I've read a white K2 puts out 130 lumens over the Lux III's 80. I think a possible upgrade like this would make the purple look a lot brighter. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    To the search function yo must go. The sound forum would help too. Many of us have done exactly that.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

Theres the relay route and the regular route, teh replay will supply full power to the k2 but if you do it like a regular setup it wont get full power but from what I have been toled it will still beat a 3w

Council Member
    Sith Lord

even if you don't do a relay, it will be brighter than a three watt.

don't ask my why, but if you have a 3 watter and a k2 powered with the same batteries and everything, the k2 will be brighter. same thing with a 5 watter
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I Pmed simi with a link to get the relay, and all the pictures and documentation of the previous threads on this topic.
    RED 7 Standing by...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob501
    I Pmed simi with a link to get the relay, and all the pictures and documentation of the previous threads on this topic.
    Why??? I intentionally leave out links and posting pics. It will only lead to people coming in dumping a question and waiting for us to throw the answer to them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Here's some pics/diagrams from my mace - K2 conversion.

http://preview.rpetkau.photosite.com...7323592737.jpg

http://rpetkau.photosite.com/~photos...7923052741.jpg

Erv has suggested a more reliable way to wire he relay - but I have not tried it yet.

MC

Default K2 Wiring Diagram

I did get SilentBob's wiring diagram for the K2 which is extremely helpful. The sound board for Mace looks identical to the ROTJ sound board so I can also do the same to it as well. I only need to find a website that sells a 5v relay. The link SilentBob sent me, http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...RE_RELAY_.html , is sold out. Does anyone know where I might get one elsewhere?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

I thought so too but everyone says that you can only relay the mace board. but with the way erv does it, it might work.

BLUE 3- Ready