Thread: Recharge Port Question

Default Recharge Port Question

Hey everyone. I've been searching through the forum for a while now, and I can't seem to find an answer. Not saying it isn't there, just that I haven't been able to find it. In the video for wiring recharge ports, is the set up he demonstrates for an internal recharge port that is hidden inside the hilt? He didn't show him fitting the port through a hole in the hilt, so I assumed this was a port that you would need to slide the chassis out to access. I think I would prefer that to an external port as to not have to have any more holes in the hilt than is necessary. Is this a real possibility, or do I have to have another hole for a recharge port?

It is possible to have a recharge port hidden inside your hilt, although it does make it less convenient. As you mentioned, you will have to expose it for charging. You will also need a super low profile kill key, if you want to be able to cut power while your hilt is closed up.

One thing to consider is the stress you will place on your wiring if you are constantly pulling your chassis out of the hilt. You may want to consider a chassis set up that is fixed at the emitter end, so the lower part of the hilt is removed around it.

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with your build.

Thank you! I'm going to use an unlit switch, so I shouldn't have to charge it too frequently. Thank you for your help.

It's the star and sound that drain the battery. Most sabers get less than 2 hours of use before requiring a recharge and that is when they are freshly charged. There are pommels that incorporate recharge ports. Also you will want to consider whether you want a rice port depending on the sound board used (assuming you plan to have sound)