Thread: How to mount LED in a thin neck saber

Default How to mount LED in a thin neck saber

I have a saberforge prodigal son and I am wondering what is the common way to mount the LED module? I figured I could drill and tap a retention screw into the side of the hilt but would like to avoid that if possible.
    any help on this is greatly appreciated thank you.

You can mount it below the neck with minimal blockage, the Cree only needs about 1/2" for full exposure.

is that using a retention screw to hold it in?

Do you have a pic of chassis? If not using a chassis, is one set screw enough to hold the LED module in place or should you do another screw 180 degrees around?

Quote Originally Posted by deviltronix View Post
    Do you have a pic of chassis? If not using a chassis, is one set screw enough to hold the LED module in place or should you do another screw 180 degrees around?
    In the Prodical Son I worked on for a client a while back, I only remember there being 1 set screw. I also think that one of the other set screws used to hold that mess together dug into the heat sink. I’d have to go through the pics to remember how all that went.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks!! How is the HeatSink connected to that chassis? I'm working on my own chassis right now, hence all the questions.

Thanks!! How is the HeatSink connected to that chassis? I'm working on my own chassis right now, hence all the questions.
    I machined a neck into it so it snaps on. Its helpful if you have a lathe laying around