Thread: Bad recharge port?

Default Bad recharge port?

I completed the wiring of my saber and unplugged the kill key and was rewarded with the wonderful sound of the NBv4 booting up and the AV switch lighting up. I hit the switch and that beautiful, bright NECree lit up the wall and the sound roared out of the speaker. It was nirvana. I swung it around for a bit to ensure that there was no lose wiring or chassis parts inside and everything was a-ok. Then I went to charge the battery and when I plugged the smart charger into the recharge port, the only light that lit up was the red led at the top of the charger. Neither the "Charging" or the "Full" led came on. Then I smelled burning plastic. Panic. Complete panic. I unplugged the charger and the switch was still illuminated. I hit the switch and the led lit up but no sound came out. So after completely unwiring everything in the saber I connected the charger straight to the battery according to the same instructions that were in the NBv4 book. I plugged the charger into the port and got the same results. Albeit this time with no burning smell. Has anyone had any issues with a bad recharge port or a bad charger? Perhaps the adapter that I ordered with the charger is faulty? Either way, I'm afraid that my NBv4 is cooked and I'm pretty devastated. Any advice from the pro's?

*Edit*
    What I thought were separate LED's on the charger are, in fact just painted dots. I wasn't wearing my glasses. My mistake on that. But after re-wiring the card with only the recharge port, switch and speaker connections there is still no sound from the speaker when I remove the kill key. I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that I've somehow fried the sound capability of my NBv4.

*Edit 2*
    Looks like I somehow fried the amp on my NBv4. Is there anyone who knows about options to get the board repaired or am I going to have to purchase a new one?
    Last edited by ST Ghost 01; 01-13-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Ghost, I was trying to figure out the wiring diagram with a NeCree and a recharge port, would you happen to have a diagram of it? If not thanks anyways