Thread: First time builder

Default First time builder

The title says it all. I'm new at this and I'm just looking for suggestions about connecting all the electronics outside the hilt first or just assembling in the hilt as I go. Any suggestions will be helpful thanks.

I’m just working on my first saber as well, so I don’t know a whole lot, but if you look for the custom saber shop on YouTube, their channel has some good build tutorials on it.

I'm just plannign my first build too. From the videos I've watched it really looks like a chassis is the way to go. It means you can assemble the pieces outside of the hilt but then slide them in afterwards other than the switches and the LEDs.

I started with a entry level US and added a Hasbro blade builders board to it. I followed the youtube tutorial below. Although it wasn't long until I wanted more sounds and a louder speaker that I upgraded to a NBv4. I'm glad I did the cheap board first because I learned a lot about soldering.

I've been building sabers for 15 years now, and I can tell you that each one goes together differently. whether or not you'll have to have to assemble it as you go, or wire up the electronics and slide it in, will depend upon your hilt's design. If you have a one-piece hilt, you'll likely need to assemble your electronics and slide it in....if you're using multiple pieces of MHS parts to build your hilt, you might find it easier to wire up as couple of pieces and make further connections as you assemble the hilt.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.