Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neopixel help- trouble shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Keivan View Post
    that is absolutely right, I charged my battery which it took close to 24 hours and the sound is gone, thank you Tom
    What are you charging with mate? The electric potential of a potato?
    Do yourself a favour and get one of the smart chargers from nitecore or xtar. An i4 should have it charged in a couple of hours and you'll be able to confirm that its hitting the correct voltage.
    You can just hook up a charge plug to the + and - of the charger and use it like any other charger. Or just pop the battery and plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by RarestSquirrel View Post
    What are you charging with mate? The electric potential of a potato?
    Do yourself a favour and get one of the smart chargers from nitecore or xtar. An i4 should have it charged in a couple of hours and you'll be able to confirm that its hitting the correct voltage.
    You can just hook up a charge plug to the + and - of the charger and use it like any other charger. Or just pop the battery and plug it in.
    Hey there Im using the smart charger from the custom saber shop "Li-IonCharger" and i made sure it was on the right voltage,

Quote Originally Posted by Keivan View Post
    Hey there Im using the smart charger from the custom saber shop "Li-IonCharger" and i made sure it was on the right voltage,

Huh. Weird.

Safe to say I still highly recommend one of the nitecore suckers if it truly takes 24hrs to get a 4.20v~ charge.
    Just charged mine today and it only took 3.5hrs with a nitecore d4. Slow even by the more modern chargers.

ps,
    Jacobpac, sorry mate. Derailed your thread a bit, but its probably relevant given you two are experiencing the same issue.

Hey all - did you hear that high pitched noise right around :43 seconds after he ignites the blade and before the popping starts? Is that due to low battery as well? I get that no matter what my charge is and that noise sounds exactly like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GavilanOrd View Post
    Hey all - did you hear that high pitched noise right around :43 seconds after he ignites the blade and before the popping starts? Is that due to low battery as well? I get that no matter what my charge is and that noise sounds exactly like mine.
    What battery are you using? How many strips and pixels? If your battery can't handle the output it will sag (out put a lower voltage than when unloaded) below the operating parameters of your electronics.

Next time, hold the phone sideways, watching vids like that hurts.

I'm having this same issue. The noise is only happening on colors with Red in them. Ice Blue works fine.

If you are using an improper battery, this is common because of the high drain neopixels can put on the battery, it may cause the amp to drop out due to lack of power. You must use a battery with appropriate drain for neopixels.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I had the exact same problem and bothered Tom T with troubleshooting...switched to 15a 3.7v and all was well...for sure can’t use the standard 5a Battery.