Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neopixel help- trouble shooting

Default Neopixel help- trouble shooting

I need help. I have 2 strings of 144LED neopixel strips connected to prizm5.1. On certain colors it gets very distorted sound (orange, purple etc) green and blue haven’t caused any problems. I’ve different batteries with the same result.

Please watch this video

https://youtu.be/S111HdYYyD4

Any ideas?

Boy, that's an unpleasant sound.
    I've noticed similar when my keeppower 3500mah 10a battery gets down to the last legs of a charge. Glitches in turning on and in changing fonts and all that fun distorted mess.
    Can you confirm the amperage your batteries are capable of discharging?

Quote Originally Posted by RarestSquirrel View Post
    Boy, that's an unpleasant sound.
    I've noticed similar when my keeppower 3500mah 10a battery gets down to the last legs of a charge. Glitches in turning on and in changing fonts and all that fun distorted mess.
    Can you confirm the amperage your batteries are capable of discharging?

I currently do not have a way to test the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobpac View Post
    I currently do not have a way to test the battery.
    I was thinking more finding the tech specs somewhere, but in either case you need one that can spit out(discharge) at least 10a. There's a possibility the ones you've got can't do so, thus the screwy noises.
    I know for certain the Keeppower 18650GA works with two cut to 116 pixel strips. Are you using all 144 on both strips?

As rarest squirrel said, make sure your battery is capable of delivering the current. Make sure it's full charged and ready to go. That battery holder could possibly be an issue.

Do any of the wires feel warm to the touch? The wires coming off the battery holder look rather wimpy. The general recommendation is at least 24AWG for the power lines to the pixels, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    As rarest squirrel said, make sure your battery is capable of delivering the current. Make sure it's full charged and ready to go. That battery holder could possibly be an issue.

Do any of the wires feel warm to the touch? The wires coming off the battery holder look rather wimpy. The general recommendation is at least 24AWG for the power lines to the pixels, if not better.
    Thank you for the responses. I’ll try larger wires first. Then a different battery.

Thank you for your response. I cut off some of the length. I’m running 2 strings of 135. I’m going to try larger wire then a different battery. I’ll keep you posted

I have the very similar problem I just posted my saber and its static distortion sound, let me know when you fine a solution, that is wired

K

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobpac View Post
    Thank you for your response. I cut off some of the length. I’m running 2 strings of 135. I’m going to try larger wire then a different battery. I’ll keep you posted

100% Dead Battery. That is what the sound does on a dead battery. Your battery needs to be charged, or you need a new one if it won't take a charge.

TOm

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    100% Dead Battery. That is what the sound does on a dead battery. Your battery needs to be charged, or you need a new one if it won't take a charge.

TOm
    that is absolutely right, I charged my battery which it took close to 24 hours and the sound is gone, thank you Tom