Thread: Kylo Ren FX Conversion HELP!

Default Kylo Ren FX Conversion HELP!

Hello Everyone, I am removing the main blade and replacing it with a Cree XP-E2. Everything else is staying stock. I ordered everything needed from the custom saber shop for this conversion. Would I need a resistor is the question? This is my first saber and new to the community. I found the step by step tutorial online but didn't reference resistors. Any help is much appreciated!

You will need a resistor. I highly suggest replacing the board. They dumbed the board down so that the side emitters are as dull as the main blade. If you upgrade your main to an XP-E2, you will have bright main blade and dull side emitters. I have done 10 Kylo BS conversion. I got your message on my YouTube account. I'll respond to you there. If you're going to upgrade, go all the way. Put in a modern board and side LED's and modules. You won't regret it! My Kylo saber is one of the best in the Legion.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

You can use MHS Speaker Holder VI, and a 18650 battery holder. The reveal inside the pommel fits right over the speaker holder. That way you can swap out batteries. That MHS Holder VI, will hold a NBIV, Prism 5.1, NEC, etc . It needs to be modified for NEC. Right now, I'd suggest Prizm 5.1 for Kylo. I typically prefer another board, but I'm having some issues.

You will need to dremel out the inside of the side emitters to make them 1" in diameter and drop in 1" LED modules. You can use single crees in there, or you can wire it for FOC if you use tricrees in the side emitters. If you use a tri cree in the side emitter, you only need to wire 1 red diode to illuminate the side emitters.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you for the help.