Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hoping I have it right.

Yes, I could have flipped the 3" Fluted part 180 degrees (and had the box with the Recharge Port Pommel side, and the AV Switch Emitter side). I chose this way, as it was for my 9 yo (at the time) son, and it fit his hand better that way.
    Though I did ask Tim to align the parts with this "backwards" orientation in mind. I didn't test to see if I could flip it "right ways" and still have everything line up.

The Jollipop Copper Orange looks great on unmilled surfaces (like the 0.75" Extension), and still looks cool, but a little different in the flutes (as there isn't a polished surface in those milled sections, that makes the "semi-transparent" Powder Coat colors look less "reflective").

The "Challenge" with this build was the Ribbed Section (which has a smaller ID) mating with the 0.75" Extension by the pommel (with an standard ID), and the ribbed section having to house the battery & board.

Thanks for the praise on the design!! I think it turned out awesome, with essentially 4 colors (Wet Black, Black Chrome, Jollipop Copper Orange, and bare Aluminum). I too like a bit more contrast than say a "two tone" or "plain silver tube" look! Unfortunately, I don't think Tim offers the partial Powder Coating Options anymore. The Current build (for the Daughter) is 100% Powder Coated, with NO bare Aluminum exposed. I like how it turned out, but is does seem to be lacking just that little bit.

As for "Stealing my Design", hey, these are all MHS Parts! I'm sure SOMEONE made a saber that LOOKS similar to this before, so "take Inspiration" all you like!
    I personally LIKE the look of some of the advanced shroud work other builders use, but I can't help but think some of their designs are more "Flash" than "Function". I prefer "naked" sabers in that respect, so Powder Coating becomes the medium of customization...

i admit that the first time I saw that blade holder (Style 24 I think) I thought it looked weird. To big of a head. But after seeing it in your build I understand its appeal! It creates a feel for a cross/hand guard or a tsuba on a Japanese katana. It is an amazing piece!

I ran to the MHS builder and started playing around and came up with a few ideas based on it. I used the wet black and gold powder coats. I could see using a full 40" blade on the first two and keep the pike a little shorter, maybe 34" just to keep it more manageable. Or maybe just keep em all max length lol!

The first was a 15 inch hilt that is based off of the Nodachi (large sword).

15 INCH NODACHI (HAND AND A HALF).jpg

Next I added the knurled sections giving it the basic look of an ITO wrapping on a katana.

15 INCH WITH KNURLED GRIP.jpg

And just for fun, a 20 inch "Light Pike"

20 INCH LIGHT PIKE.jpg

i dont know if the last one would be viable as a saber, but it would be fun! I like seeing the adapters in gold. It breaks up the single color and adds a classier look. Most likely it would be an older model from the height of the Republic before the Empire. You could use any contrasting colors you wanted of course, but i thought the black was more of a traditional color of a katana. But the gold could easily be changed to almost any color, blue, green, red, orange, silver, etc.