Thread: My Sentinel build, my first build

Default My Sentinel build, my first build

This is my Sentinel build saber. I will be using a yellow blade with it.

It is a little hard to see, but the M/F Extension between the pommel and main body is powder coated Brass Translucent. It is a subtle break of the silver of the rest of the hilt.

I like the bezel adding a bit of height to the switch. It matches the height of the extension and keeps the body from looking too thick at the back. Nice balanced look. I have seen in some videos the blade turning off during a duel because the switch was accidentally pushed. I hope this will help alleviate that potential issue.

Any comments or critiques are welcome. Thank you for taking a look!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work! I do like the look of the brass translucent color.

Definitely like the powder coating. As someone building a bevel switch right now I agree it adds a nice dimension to the hilt, giving it a little more layered appearance.

What is your plan for electronics? Are you going to add a d-ring or covertec?

My plan is to use a Pico. It has the 15 preset colors, FoC, etc. without messing around with a computer. A recharge port in the pommel fits nicely because the M/F extension creates an extra .75" making it fit below the speaker. I haven't planned for a belt holder, D-ring or Covertec. This is my first attempt at building a saber and I didn't think about that lol.

Thanks for the positive responsive. Makes it easier to keep moving forward on the build lol.
    Last edited by Paedryn; 01-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Welcome to the hobby! Nice work on all the bases- looks leagues better than the first saber i made

Thank you both. And I hope that some day I can create sabers as wonderful as yours! I couldn't decide between Sawyer's etching and Greenie's chassis which dropped my jaw farther! It certainly gives me a bar to reach for lol.