Thread: Battery Charging without soundboard

Default Battery Charging without soundboard

I'm waiting for my NBv4 and I have everything wired up and in my chassis. Can I charge my battery so I will have a full battery when I get my soundboard?

If you mean by recharge port, as long as it’s wired correctly, yes.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I followed the NBv4 manual so I hope so. I hooked the board +/- wires to my led +/- and it lit the led up.

The purpose of the recharge port is specifically to remove the sound board from the circuit so the charger is only charging the battery and not powering anything in the hilt.

Personally I think its best to do any solder work on depleted cell (if using magnesium strips to direct solder).

Keep the kill key in the recharge port while hooking it all together and you should be fine.

Thanks guys. Full charge and my board will be at the house when I'm done with work tonight! Can't wait to join the NBv4 clan.