Thread: 12v AV Switch question

Default 12v AV Switch question

Can I wire up a 12v AV switch to the power indicator on a NBV3?

I've bought some for some builds intending to do just that but I don't think they will light up, will they?

Thanks.

I have a few of those myself, and no they do not light up very well on a 3.7v set up.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

So I would need to run them in parallel with the main LED but lose the power on indicator functionality yeah?

It may work a bit better, but they still won't light up properly on less than the rated 12 volts. They have an internal resistor that can be removed if you aren't afraid to try an take one apart. You might be better off getting one that is rated for 3.3v for the led instead.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I've taken some switches apart and replaced the LEDs with 5mm RGB. It's not that hard for the 12mm momentary switches, which are mechanically very simple. I remove the lamp all together and drill a 5mm hole in the back. I believe I posted it about it some time last year.