Thread: Crystal Focus issue [Troubleshooting]

Question Crystal Focus issue [Troubleshooting]

Hello Fellow Sabersmiths!

I'm nearly finished with my first RGB build, using the Crystal Focus V8 and the CeX. I have a Tri-Rebel RGB LED installed and am using 2 momentary switches for the activation/aux switches. Everything has worked fine with all of these components, the only problem is with the speaker.
    There is a loud, constant tone that plays when no other sound is playing. For example, when the saber is first turned on, the activation sound plays, and then the tone starts. It vanishes when the saber is activated and returns when it is deactivated. I am able to navigate the menus fine. As I said, if any other sound is played, it will stop.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot:
    • I have tried 2 different speakers, both of which are in good working condition otherwise.
    • I've checked the solder joints, and they appear to be fine as well.
    • I've reformatted the SD card and returned the files to their default states.

What other steps can I take? Is my board fried? I would like to try and find a solution before looking at replacing the board.

Thanks!

A short video would be helpful. After viewing that, I would probably recommend going over to FX-Sabers and making contact with Chewbacca, who handles warranty and repair issues for those who live in the U.S.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah, I would get in touch with Chewbacca over on FX for that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com