Thread: CF8 Single Cell FoC Tri Cree Graflex Wiring Help MB Chassis Solo's Hold Blade Holder

Default CF8 Single Cell FoC Tri Cree Graflex Wiring Help MB Chassis Solo's Hold Blade Holder

Howdy folks, I'm having some trouble getting my Graflex wired up and I'm hoping someone has some advice.

I'm using a 3D printed chassis from Martin Beyer http://graflexsaber.portfoliobox.net/3dchassis and a Solo's Hold blade holder.

I'm using a CF v8, but I've hacked it for use with a single 18650. Although now I'm kinda wishing I just went the 2 cell route.

Anyhow, I've got three 3mm Blue accent LEDs, and I believe I don't need resistors for them, and just bridge the resistor pads in the accent LED section, but correct me please if I'm wrong.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is the FoC. The Tri Cree I'm using is a B/G/W (I'm going for an old school ANH Cyan sort of color for the main blade), and I'll be using the White for the FoC. Now, since I'm using the single 18650, does the White FoC LED need a resistor?

Also, I'm using 31 gauge enameled copper magnet wire for the 2W bass speaker. I'm using the thin magnet wire for the accent LEDs as well, which I'm told is just fine. But for the speaker I'm thinking that may not be enough and that I should switch to something bigger like the 28 gauge I've used everywhere else.

Has anyone built their Graflex using one of these kits? Any help is appreciated!!

IMG_20171230_160123.jpg
    IMG_20171230_160155.jpg
    IMG_20171230_160218.jpg
    IMG_20171230_160242.jpg

I am working with the same kit ….what ever info you get please pass it on.