Hi guys, I’m brand new here so I just want to say thank you for all the valuable information this board has to offer.

So a few weeks ago me and a friend get it in our heads to build working electronic lightsabers. This is my first attempt and I generally know nothing about wiring so forgive my ignorance. We wanted to do led light strip sabers as that seems to have the most consistency in blade brightness (also didn’t know about led Crees when we started). I’ve all but figured out how to get everything working as you’ll see in the diagram, but the one thing I can’t seem to work out is how to remove the momentary switch on the Hasbro board. I can’t seem to remove the switch and do a direct connection as it needs a pulse to activate/deactivate the sound board. Ideally I just want one switch which would be on the other end of the strip where the power source is. I considered connecting the boards switch connections to the main switch but was afraid it would draw too much power from the 9v (which is why I have the step down for the sound board). Is there something that would simulate that pulse when it receives power/loses power? Could I just connect the boards switch to the main switch since it doesn’t seem to constantly draw power? Thanks for any help!

FAA81B9F-C7C4-49C2-BD7A-4A2356DD940E.jpg