Hello, as some of you might have seen in my last post, I am beginning to work on my first saber. I think I've come up with a final design, which, if any of you care to see it, an image of which is attached to this post. I decided that it would be nice to include a simple crystal chamber on the inside of this saber (nothing too complicated, just a simple cylinder with some fins), however, when one removes the core to see the crystal, I didn't want there to be an ugly pcb (no offence to plecter labs, green pcbs just don't fit the star wars aesthetic ) there as well, so I made some rough (not final) designs for a set of shrouds that would act as the spacers for the disks, as well as cover up the electronics (an image of my chassis design is also attached). I'm probably going to have these pieces 3d printed by a company like shapeways, as I don't have access to the kind of printer needed to print things with overhangs like these have. However, as I said, I haven't come up with the final design yet, as to do that, I need the exact dimensions of the chassis disks (specifically the diameter of the holes for the threaded rods, and the distance they are from the edge or center). I could wait to make the final design until I get the parts for my saber, but I would rather not have to wait for another order once I get the parts for my saber (I'm impatient ), so if any of you have an MHS v1 chassis disk sitting around, and wouldn't mind taking a few seconds to measure them with a set of calipers, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ethan

Lightsaber_Chassis_Prizm_with_shroud_pieces_2017-Dec-31_12-30-23AM-000_CustomizedView38291377764.jpg
Custom_Lightsaber_2_v3_Etched_2017-Dec-29_04-41-51AM-000_CustomizedView17118092159.jpg