Thread: Fitting RICE and recharge ports opposite AV switches

Default Fitting RICE and recharge ports opposite AV switches

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I'm in the process of designing my first saber build, and I had the idea of using two 16mm AV switches for my main and aux switches. What I was wondering was if I mounted those in an activation box style 18 would it be possible to mount the RICE and recharge ports in an activation box style 15 on the opposite side of the same piece centered 180 degrees from the other box? I like the idea of getting all of these pieces into a compact section of tubing, but my worry would be if the parts are too long and would hit each other. Obviously, I wouldn't be planning to have a battery or any other chassis parts in this section.

I highly doubt they would clear each other on the inside of the hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

That was my guess too, and I wasn't dead set on trying it, or even using the switch boxes necessarily, so I'm just as happy to rule out a design idea.