Thread: Using MPS Insert Style 13

Default Using MPS Insert Style 13

Hi All,

I am planning a saber and I was looking at the MPS Insert Style 13 http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...ItemId=7425883 so I can add a recharge port and RICE port in the bottom of the hilt. I only have the MHS speaker mount V6 along with a 18650 battery holder along with a speaker . How would you run the cables for the RICE and Recharge ports? Has anybody done this type of build that could give me guidance ?

Will your MHS V6 sit deep enough in your hilt for the RC Port/Rice port to clear the speaker? There are some longer pommels that allow for that. Or, you can dremel down the retention ring in the MHS V6, so that it can slide into the hilt further.

Once you can get clearance between speaker and your components, use thin wire (I use 30 awg), and carefully cut a notch on the MHSV6, your wires will go through that notch, basically up and over it, and into the hilt. Do not cut the notch with the speaker in the holder, as you may damage the speaker. Your notch will be on the outside edge of the MHSV6, right over where the speaker seats normally. So your wires go from the pommel, rise up to your notch, go through your notch, and into the MHSV6. Cautionary note. Make sure to add enough counterclockwise twist before threading your pommel so that you don't overtwist your wires and shorten them. I'd secure the wires in the notch, and into the MHS V6 with E6000 or hot glue, so that they don't wander off into your threads.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thank you for your response
    I just got my parts so I will start working on this project soon