Thread: Creating my lightsaber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Creating my lightsaber

Hello Forum. I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

I am hoping to make my first lightsaber soon and have been studying the internet and these forums to try to determine what I need to do. Unfortunately, I am better at understanding these things once I have taken them apart and find it harder to work it out from all the available possibilities I have seen! I have been very drawn to the MHS as the lightsaber I am envisioning is rather simple in style, which the MHS seems ideal for. However, there are a couple of things I am uncertain it will be able to do. Below is the initial hilt designed on this site and then below that is a mock up of the additions I want to make:

Saber1.jpg

Saber2.jpg

This will not be a stunt blade and (at least at first) I do not intend to add a blade so I would quite like the green light to come out from the partially open piping below the blade emitter. I wondered if I placed a safety plug within this section of tube with the light below it, this would work. Additionally, I wonder if this will affect the button placement - I am not set on where the button would go so this may not be a bit issue but I wondered whether the Saber Shop would be willing to drill a button hole elsewhere.

Below is the list of parts I have considered so far. I would appreciate a bit of feedback. I understand that this forum is not for people to do all the work for you but that is why I want to learn how to make this work.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...6-715379ec7fd2

So, my new lightsaber friends, what do you think?
    Last edited by BaronBlackaby; 01-07-2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Updated list