Thread: The Last Jedi (soundfont)

Default The Last Jedi (soundfont)

Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, but definitely not new to Star Wars or Lightsabers.

I came here to let anyone who may be interested know about a new sound font I've created. I'm planning on putting this font up on saberfont.com once I figure out how that all works. (This is my first sound font)

I've created a ~90-95% screen accurate sound font for Rey/Luke's lightsaber in The Last Jedi. It took hours of manipulating sound and about a million dollars worth of movie tickets paying very close attention to the sounds used in the newest installment of the Star Wars franchise. Obviously there are sounds which I plan on releasing an update for once the film is released to make things pretty much 100% (or as close to 100%) screen accurate but for now I believe I've made a pretty great sound font.

I've loaded a sample of the soundfont here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCsvmhshYZI

The font is installed on a Graflex 2.0 with a Nano Biscotte V4 using a 2W High Bass Speaker from KR Saber (I tested with the KR Sabers Speaker and the TCSS Speaker and I do however believe it sounds better on the TCSS speaker). There is no blaster deflect or lock ups in this demo but they will be available in the final release. The Last Jedi sounds have some very Bassey(is that a word?) swing sounds and actually are very similar in some ways to Vaders saber. As stated I've done my best and believe this to be 90-95% screen accurate minus a few details which I will be updating when the film is released to Blu Ray so I can get some real good comparisons going.

The Ignition sound here is taken from the scene with Rey on the island. Note: This is NOT the same as the saber sounds from the trailer that was released. Those are not the same sounds used in the film.

I included 3 Ignition sounds (Not all pictured in the preview video), 2 of them I wont say where they are from to avoid possible(?) spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the film yet.

Let me know what you guys think of this!

May the force be with you all!
    KanjiKlub
    Last edited by KanjiKlub; 01-01-2018 at 10:23 PM.

UPDATE: I have spent quite a few hours the last few days re working the swing sounds completely to get even closer to the film. I'm pretty sure I've got the closest sound possible without getting a direct rip. (Which I will be doing once the film is released on DVD.

I will also be soon posting a new video on youtube to show auxiliary sounds that I was unable to put in the live demonstration.

May the force be with you all,
    KanjiKlub
    Last edited by KanjiKlub; 01-01-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Kanjiklub, just as a warning and reminder, there is no selling allowed on this forum, even if it a link to an outside source.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Kanjiklub, just as a warning and reminder, there is no selling allowed on this forum, even if it a link to an outside source.
    My apologies. Wasn't trying to break any rules!

KanjiKlub

If anyone might be interested the final version of this font has a preview on youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GnxviY8HA

May the force be with you all!

So you're sharing this soundfont for free? That's mighty nice of you!