Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018 TCSS Saber building Contest

Bump for FJK.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Good, as long as you don’t post anything, you’d be good.
    I would love to be able to enter the contest (I'm sure I wouldn't come close to winning with all the amazing sabers I've seen in previous contests but I do think it'd be fun all the same). My problem is that my current project still has components en route to me that won't arrive until very close to the deadline (and I can't/won't rush the saber but so much since haste makes waste and all) so I'm not confident that this saber will be done in time and my next project (which might be more plausible to finish in time) is a stunt saber and my budget won't allow for a last minute upgrade to it at this point...

So assuming the components I'm waiting on don't arrive earlier than anticipated, would I be able to instead enter my last build (which was competed before the new year)? -I've never posted a name, WIP, renders or completed pics of the saber anywhere -most I've done is share a wiring diagram sketch of the soundboard, leds and switch to be sure i could get a second opinion that my wiring plan looked right before taking the soldering iron to it). I know it's kind of a long shot and I wouldn't want anyone feeling it unfair regardless of my novice skill level, but somehow my budget keeps lining up wonky with the timing of these contests so I figured I'd ask.

Finally, *if* I miraculously do get the parts in earlier than I expect and somehow squeak my current project in under the deadline, would it have to have a fully/at least partial mhs chassis system to be entered into the mhs category, or would it need to be in the "custom" category so long as the chassis doesn't use mhs disks, etc even if the whole body was mhs (with a few modified/etched parts and random greeblies)?

Thanks in advance for the answers. I do hope my questions were not overly convoluted (sorry if they were).

Thanks as well for putting on this contest. Whether or not I end up able to participate this year, I do think it's a great idea and I hope you keep it up!

IF (big if) you didn’t post pics of any type for your last (competed) saber, then you would be able to enter it.

MHS means made using MHS parts - internal construction doesn’t really count. If you used MHS blade holder, main body, choke, extensions, pommel, etc. then it’s considered MHS. “Custom” are basically hand made. If there isn’t enough of one or the other, I might merge the two together, which I think may be what I did last time around.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Do you know yet how long the voting phase of the contest will be?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Do you know yet how long the voting phase of the contest will be?
    It usually a couple of weeks, depends on how many entries there are, and how many categories there are. I’ll let you know when the time comes.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Time is ticking people....
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I'm working on it, I'm working on it! =)

Or maybe I should say, "almost there..."

I'll be sending you something in a week or so. Busy trying to close on a house ASAP, and get ready for some medical stuff coming up in August. Who knew buying a house could be so traumatic...

Quote Originally Posted by shinseiko View Post
    I'm working on it, I'm working on it! =)

Or maybe I should say, "almost there..."

I'll be sending you something in a week or so. Busy trying to close on a house ASAP, and get ready for some medical stuff coming up in August. Who knew buying a house could be so traumatic...
    The deadline in July 5. No pressure or anything...
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

July 5? Dang.

Bump.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Blog Entries

Hope we get some good sabers to look at
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––