Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 TCSS Saber building Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    If you've posted images of an in progress saber on other sites is it allowed for the contest?
    Nope.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Well crap. Oh well. Didn't know about the contest prior to it. No big deal.

Yeah... Why I'm not posting anything in progress with my current build. Although I am taking plenty of photos for after the contest.

I was debating wether I should enter the contest or make a build thread, decided on the second because I couldn't wait to share my build progress and had to ask questions.

Wonder what ya got brewing RavenXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    I was debating wether I should enter the contest or make a build thread, decided on the second because I couldn't wait to share my build progress and had to ask questions.
    Gotta run two builds at once!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

If you have the money for it. I just managed to save up for this one but it’ll cost something like 400 bucks in the end, not quite. So currently I don’t have enough money to get a second one. I would have plenty more ideas though . Being a sbersmith for your job would be pretty cool.

Young Skywalker, I guarantee you could sell the one you just built for a decent profit. Kind of throws Newspaper Delivery, Mowing Lawns, and odd jobs I did at your age out the window. I would never sell my first MHS Hilt. Its ugly, its too long, its awful, and I love it. I look forward to seeing your next build!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I do think it would sell for a decent amount of money, but I like this hilt so much I want to keep it. Also I think I would need to use a different wire gauge, 22 is pretty thick and makes the hilt hard to take apart again and access the sad card. Maybe I'll save up and make another saber (either the same design or a different one) and sell that. But for now, I will have to stick to washing cars. But I am having some hints that I might be able to build another saber soon..........

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    I do think it would sell for a decent amount of money, but I like this hilt so much I want to keep it. Also I think I would need to use a different wire gauge, 22 is pretty thick and makes the hilt hard to take apart again and access the sad card. Maybe I'll save up and make another saber (either the same design or a different one) and sell that. But for now, I will have to stick to washing cars. But I am having some hints that I might be able to build another saber soon..........
    Im guessing Dad wants one too, huh?
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Close, It's my little bro. After seeing and holding my lightsaber he said he wants one too.