Thread: 2018 TCSS Saber building Contest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation 2018 TCSS Saber building Contest

Merry Christmas!!! For a little present, I’ll make this fun announcement for you all...

At long last, and after a couple of years off, we are going to have yet another saber building contest here on the forums. As always, there are two categories: MHS and Custom (as long as there are enough participants for both)

MHS Saber - This saber has to be MHS based. Shrouds and custom PC are allowed, but the basic hilt has to be made from MHS. Modifying store parts (or having them modded for you by Tim) is allowed though.

Custom Saber - Anything goes here. No MHS parts are necessary, but they do make life easier when making a saber. Also no US and SF retreading.

No previously made sabers are allowed in the contest. You have to build it specifically for it. For example, I couldn't submit Apex, as it has been done for a few years now.

Only ONE SABER per person is allowed! Build the best saber you can and submit it. All members are allowed to enter, including Council members and professional sabersmiths.

Your saber must be functioning for this contest. No renders are allowed, and no empty hilts that have no electronics are acceptable either.

When you have your saber done, send a maximum of FIVE 'finished' shots and a wiring shot or two (optional, but recommended) to ME. No videos for the contest, to keep members anonymous.
    Send your entry to this email address: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Title your emails in this format:
    TCSS MHS/CUSTOM BUILD CONTEST - YOUR USERNAME

Example:
    Superawesomejedi built a saber for the MHS part of the contest. The email title would look like this: TCSS MHS BUILD CONTEST - SUPERAWESOMEJEDI

Inside the email, please put your username, real name, saber name, saber specs, and the pictures you want posted.

Example:
    Username: Superawesomejedi
    Saber name: Spectra
    Specs:
    CFV4.1
    LED Engin RGGB
    Premium speaker
    Momentary switch

<picture1>
    <picture2>
    <picture3>
    <picture4>
    <picture5>
    <Wiring picture1>
    <Wiring picture2 >

I will save and re-host all the pictures myself so that your name stays confidential. The polls will be anonymous, so that people don't vote for their favorite member. Please keep your sabers to yourselves as well, don't show them off until the contest is over.

You have until July 5th, 2018to build a saber for the contest. Voting will be held shortly after. In case of a tie (which has happened - The Council will decide)

Prizes - First Prize in each category: A $200 Gift Certificate. Second Prize in each category: A $50. Gift Certificate.

That's about it. Have fun with the contest! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. And remember, send your saber pics to me, do not post them.

I'll be answering questions here, but keep it on topic.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 12-25-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com